Monday, November 14, 2011

Fun with Vinyl!

My new Cameo arrived on Halloween and I've been so busy the past couple weeks that I haven't spent a whole lot of time get acquainted with it yet. Sad, I know. I did order some vinyl with my new machine, and had to come up with some projects to experiment with it, so I took my time to watch youtube videos before jumping in.

I found this adorable onesie over at Ashleyannphotography and knew that I wanted to replicate it for my friends daughter.

I got a great deal on heat transfer vinyl through a flash sale site called Scrapbook Steals. Mostly they just have scrapbook paper bundles, but they had one for Silhouette accessories last week, so I had to get in on that. The bundle I purchased came with glitter black heat and flocked white heat trasfer vinyl. I also purchased some more from Oh My Crafts since are running a 2/$20 on heat transfer.

For the onesie, I used the glitter black vinyl for the glasses, and downloaded the image glasses_1947 7/30/2009 from Silhouette. I resized it to fit on the onesie (5" wide) and set the cameo to cut it out, and followed the application instructions that came with the vinyl. I ended up having to increase the heat so that it was higher than what Silhouette suggested, but other than that, their instructions were spot-on. I bought some puffy paint for the "chain" and voila- here is the finished onesie:

I also picked up a cute fleece hoodie from Target, that I did not notice at the time had ears on the hood, but that just added to the cuteness! I used dark pink heat transfer vinyl for this one, and the paw print is part of the Efon font, which I downloaded from dafont.com. I added her initials to the center of the paw print, making sure to flip the font horizontally, so that they are faced the right way when I apply it to the jacket.


Before:

After:





I can't wait to see my friends daughter wear these, and hopefully they like them!

1 comment: