Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saving Up for a Silhouette

I almost jumped on the Cricut bandwagon last year. I bought the Personal Cutter for a steal around Black Friday without doing any research amd when I got home, I pretty quickly realized that I had made an impulse purchase and regretted it. I didn't want to have to purchase a new cartridge (which can get very expensive) for every project I wanted to make, so I sold it on eBay, for a smidge bit more than what I paid for it. I then began to actually research what machine to buy and decided that the Silhouette SD was for me. The only problem was trying to justify the price tag.  I am typically a pretty frugal person and splurge on occasion, but just ask my husband, its hard for me to spend money on myself.

In order to pay for this new toy, I realized that I could buy one by re-selling leftover items from our wedding that have been sitting in our spare bedroom since March. I really just hoped that these things would sprout wings and take care of themselves, but, silly me, these are inanimate objects and therefore needed me to arrange new homes for them. I got out my camera and started snapping pictures and determining a fair price for them. I posted them on theknot and soon other knotties were taking interest. In just over a week I have sold almost enough to make my purchase (woohoo!) Just another couple of purchases will put me over the top and I can place my order and start new, exciting (to me) craft projects!! I really never thought I would get this excited over the thought of crafting, but I am super stoked at way lies ahead for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment