Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Coat of Paint

We've been working little by little on adding some color to our kitchen. When we moved in, we liked how it looked, but knew over time that we wanted to change things up a bit. We're still trying to determine what color to paint our walls, but I wanted to add a nice punch of color to go with our new Fiesta Ware. I found a picture of this great kitchen cart through Pinterest (yes, I know, I have a Pinterest problem) which added a nice splash of color and knew that I wanted to do this as well. 

 I already had the cart, which I bought from IKEA and have had for years, so I just needed to determine a paint color. Actually, that part was easy. I am in love with the combination of red and aqua, and since we received the Martha Stewart blue KitchenAid mixer for our wedding, I really wanted to paint the cart red to house our mixer. I made a quick trip to Home Depot and purchased Rustoleum's apple red latex paint, and also bought a small can of high gloss polyurethane and got to work. I made sure to wash the cart well with soap and water and applied 2 coats or paint and one coat of poly to get the results I wanted, but I LOVE how it turned out. 

 before
 after!



1 comment:

  1. I love the color. This is a great project idea. I have the same cart. I am going to paint my cart white and distress it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete