Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pinterest Addiction, and a Pretty Wreath

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who has been sucked into Pinterest. I have found a whole heap of ideas and recipes thanks to this site and have spent hours looking at pins, re-pinning, organizing, and re-organizing my boards. Thanks to Pinterest, I have added a few tasty recipes to my rotation and have successfully executed a few new craft projects (yay!)

One of these craft projects was a wreath for our front door. I might add that I'm not really a wreath person. I don't know what it is about them that really bugs me, but I irrationally dislike them. I broke down and bought a cranberry wreath from Michael's on Black Friday and it hung on our front door from November until around April. I'm surprised that the wreath police didn't knock down my door since said wreath was definitely not "in season" at that point.

I decided to create a wreath out of leftover paper flowers from our wedding. It looked nice, but since the flowers were made of paper, they didn't hold up so well to the rain and the humidity of summer in Cincinnati, but again, it hung on our door for quite a bit longer than it should have.

While perusing Pinterest, I found this lovely wreath on Teach. Craft. Love.:


I loved the look of it and decided that this may have just converted me into a lover of wreaths.....well, maybe not a lover of all wreaths, but at least a selective lover of wreaths. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby during one of their 50% off floral sales and bought everything I would need to make this baby. Here is how mine turned out:

Not too shabby, eh? Yep my numbers are a little crooked, but so what?? That just adds to the charm of it being homemade, right? I'm glad you agree with me.  Luckily, I already had the tools on hand to assemble this (hot glue gun, wire cutters, floral wire) and it only took about 20 minutes total. All in all, it was an easy, inexpensive project and I wouldn't mind making more in the future.
If you would like to follow my boards on Pinterest, just click on the pretty icon......you know you want to.



Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment: