Sunday, December 11, 2011

Peppermint Bark!

This year as a Christmas gift to my co-workers, I decided to make peppermint bark. I saw the cutest take on it over at Baked by Rachel:


How genius to make peppermint bark in silicone molds! I've never made bark before, but it looked easy enough, so I decided to attempt it. Its chocolate....how bad could it turn out anyway, right? I ended up going with silicone molds I found on sale at JoAnn's since that is what I could find, and they were so adorable! I bought 2 since I new I would be making several batches and it would save on time.
I followed this recipe from Rachel's blog (step-by step instructions can be found at the link to her blog above...I omitted the vegetable oil and had great results)

Ingredients:
10oz bag milk or dark chocolate chips
10oz white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp peppermint extract, divided
crushed candy canes or peppermint candies.
Directions:
In a small to medium sized bowl add milk or dark chocolate. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals at 50% power. Stir well after each 30 seconds. When fully melted, add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract. Stir well.
Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, divide chocolate among mold cavities. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Chill for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
Repeat process with white chocolate. Remove from molds after fully hardened. Store in the fridge.

Here is how they turned out:

So cute! To me, peppermint speaks of this time of year, and this is one of my favorite treats. Hopefully, my co-workers enjoy it as much as I do, and if not, I still enjoyed making it for them anyways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment